View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Young View Post
I can't believe The Name of the Wind is in 18th place. That book annoyed me by making out it was a single title. Nothing anywhere on the cover to suggest that it was the first in a trilogy - no, you only got that information when you reached the final page, and realised, as had been becoming clearer and clearer, that this novel wasn't going to reach a conclusion.
I knew it was part of a planned trilogy going in, and I still felt the same way you did.

I don't expect individual books in a series to stand completely on they're own two feet (even though some do), but would some semblance of a natural story arc be that much to ask?

As far as the list NPR list goes... I've seen worse and I've seen better. I was a bit surprised to see several authors have multiple entries, though.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-24-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: typo
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote