View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
How do you organize your reading habits?

Miracles of modern science allow us to transfer huge volumes of written content into digital bytes to be then consumed in various ways on pocket-sized handhelds. E-books, e-news, RSS feeds - we've heard it all. The sheer amount of available tools and formats is awe-inspiring and often intimidating:

Tools: Adobe Acrobat, eReader, Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket Reader, iSilo, Plucker, Egress, HandRSS, et al.

Formats: Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Palm Doc (PDB), eReader (PDB), Rocket/REB1100 (RB), Microsoft Reader (LIT), Franklin eBookMan (FUB), hiebook (KML), iSilo (PDB), Mobipocket (PRC), OEBFF Format (IMP), et al.

PalmAddicts' Jeff Cole made a list of his favorite reading tools for which I am grateful since it helps to shed some light into the format mess. Like Jeff, I use eReader for reading commercial e-books. On the other hand, when I have access to an open-format like HTML, I prefer using iSilo or Plucker. For reading e-news, I used to work with offline tools such as Avantgo or iSiloX. Since wireless Internet has been on the march for some time, I found it easier and more convenient to switch to online solutions, using tools such as Egress, to browse the latest news via subscribed RSS feeds.

Now it's your turn to share with us how you organize your reading habits!
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote