Thread: Seriousness Spelling contractions
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #38
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
In the book(s) The E. E. 'Doc' Smith Omnibus that I'm reading. And please, don't tell anyone else about the kind of cheap pulp SciFi that I'm reading.

It does have some contractions in the dialogs, but not all that much. I've found the same thing with some of the older (1930 - 1950/60) fiction that I've read.
what do you mean cheap pulp, man. The Lesman's series is the absolute masterpiece of SF ever written in the two Galaxies.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote