View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #22
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
So how many backups do you have?

I am up to nine. ...

Now that I have listed all of this, it sounds kind of excessive.
I believe the word is obsessive.

I'm running rebit, a real time software program for around $30 for Windows, which backs up everything and keeps multiple versions as space permits. It's attached to an external hard-drive (1 terabyte) that cost about $120. Mac users will recognise this strategy as Time Machine.

It's very effective, no muss no fuss, and relatively inexpensive. Then, about once a year, I buy a new external drive ($120) and start over, putting the old drive away safely (same house, different room).

I like the idea of cloud storage -- Microsoft offers 25GB free Skydrive -- and I may just do that for selected files -- like photos. My master genealogy file is the only thing I have a (recent) copy of that's actually offsite (at the office). I dunno; maybe I'll pop one of those archived hard drive's in my desk at the office, too.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote