Thread: PRS-600 adobe digital edition
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
tbov
tbov began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
This is on the BooksOnBoard web site--it must be something with the way I have my adobe set up--it seems like books with drm protection work fine, it is the free books that I'm having issues with. I have not tried the suggestions below yet, so not sure if it works.

All of our Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) .EPUB and .PDF formats are supported by Sony devices; PRS-300, PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-700.

We RECOMMEND the .EPUB format for reader devices where this option is available.

ADE .epub and .pdf may be either DRM (padlock icon) or Non-DRM (no padlock icon). Depending on the server these originate from, they may download with either .epub, .pdf or .acsm file extensions to your computers Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 software depending on your computers File Association settings.

When you installed your Sony Library software (or updated it), you were given the choice of whether you wished to associate the .epub and .acsm file extensions with the Sony Library software. If you selected to do so, your Secure ADE files, .epub or .pdf, and your non-DRM .epub will bypass ADE 1.7 and open in the Sony Library. You may transfer them from there to your Sony device.

If you chose not to associate these file extensions with your Sony Library software, Secure ADE .epub and .pdf (both download as .acsm extension) and non-DRM .epub will load to and open in your ADE 1.7.

PLEASE NOTE that non-DRM .pdf files will default to your computers Adobe Reader software. When they download to and open the Adobe Reader, simply save a copy to your computers desktop. From there you may use the ADE 1.7 Add Item to Library function to browse for and load the file to ADE 1.7, or drag and drop it into either ADE 1.7 or the Sony Library software. You may then transfer it to your Sony device.

Should you need any further assistance, please contact our support@booksonboard.com for assistance with your software install, registration of your device, and test downloads of our ADE format.
tbov is offline   Reply With Quote