View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #216
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post

I don't track where I purchased the book from or whether it was free or not.
Me either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
How do you guys manage your libraries? How do you sort/keep your current and past books?

[and this is thread-related because it's this forums' fault that I have so many books to keep track of! ]
I just have two libraries: my main library and one I titled "Vault"

I put books I want to keep, but that I don't want to keep on my Sony in the Vault.

I like being able to sort the books by author, series, title, etc so I don't mind that my main library is over 1500. If I kept my freebies or something in a different library I would have a harder time managing I think.

I am a stickler about my metadata (so very thankful that Calibre exists). I tag all of my books as contemporay, historical, futuristic, or time travel. Then I have additional tags for category books (Silhouette Intimate Moments, Harlequin Intrique, Loveswept, etc) as well as paranormal, fantasy, anthology, novella, Christmas/Hanukkah.

I love that my Sony uses both tags and series to create collections. Makes it so easy to find books multiple ways.

For books I really will never read again I simply delete them.

I also keep a TBR list of both my print and digital books in Word. I print page 1 out once a month and put it on my bulletin board. Sadly it's now a 4 page document because I added all the rereads I want to do back when Harlequin had their huge 5¢ sale and my book buying/freebie downloading has been out of control of late

And I have separate documents for all of my favorite authors I started back in the days before digital books. It lists all of their books I own in publication order, with notations about series, if I have it in hardcover, paperback, and/or digital. And I have a list of upcoming releases for the year broken down by month. And a list of prior releases I want in digital. This makes it easier to find a book I really want when those handy Sony and Kobo coupon codes come around.

Since I do buy books from multiple places, I have been known to buy a book more than once . But that's only happened to me twice. And both times it was because they were on sale or in a bundle for a really good deal and I clicked without checking to see if I already owned it.

Last edited by library addict; 01-24-2013 at 10:11 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote