View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #40
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
When I answered before, I forgot the obvious reply -- Hillenbrand's Seabiscuit.

I read both of Hillenbrand's books. And Seabiscuit, in my opinion was better -- even though I am not particularly interested in horses, and not at all a sports fan.

Hillenbrand is an excellent writer, but, in addition, she's a real expert on horse-racing. I trust her there.

I recommend Unbroken. And yet, much of what's in Unbroken is just one person's memory of a time long ago. Much is undoubtedly true, but some of it is literally unbelievable. See: Zamperini’s War.
Yes I've got to read Seabiscuit. I've read nothing but good reviews. I agree with you, Hillenbrand is indeed an excellent writer. Unbroken was very well written, there was never a dull moment.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote