View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I must respectfully disagree, Jon. On the small screen of an eInk device, having a right-indented blockquote is just a waste of space. The left-only indent of the Mobi blockquote is much better on the small screen, to my mind.
I have to disagree. It just looks better and reads better to have the margins on the right side as well as the left side. It offsets the text so it looks properly offset and not like someone forgot to set the right margin.

The default left/right margins of a blockquote are 40px. You can use CSS to change that to some other value such as 20 or 30px if you want. So you don't have to have it using as much space. But then, most books do not have excessive use of blockquotes.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-13-2012 at 11:34 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote