View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
I have a Kindle Wifi. I simply want to connect it to the Wifi router which is not connected to the internet provider. But it seems not possible.

You can test this by unpluging the LAN cable connecting to the Wifi router. A laptop can still connect to the router to communicate with local PCs/servers. But Kindle which could connect to the router will not be able to connect to the router any more. It seems that Kindle tries to search for Whispernet when connecting.

Is there a workaround to connect a Kindle Wifi to a Wifi router in a closed network which is not connected to an internet provider?

@tomsem:
My Kindle can access my server on a local address (192.168.xxx.xxx:8080), "only if" the router is connected to the ISP. That is the problem for me at the moment. In an actual application, the system will be use in bridges for bridge monitoring. So I will not have an access to the ISP. I still wonder why Kindle cannot connect to the router while other PCs can. I think that a Kindle Wifi looks for Amazon servers when connecting to a Wifi router. If it cannot find the Amazon server, the connection cannot be done. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by aruangra; 11-03-2010 at 02:17 AM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote