View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
- Harrison Ainsworth's guide says ADE 1.0 doesn't support 'text-align: justify;', but parts of 'The Little Nugget' do have justified text on the desktop ADE and on my ECO reader. How can one tell what version of ADE one has? Or is this statement incorrect?
More recent versions of ADE support "text-align: justify", and so do the ECO, Opus and other readers (not the Sonys, though). What none support is applying justification to default text with no explicit "text-align" property.

Quote:
- His guide content.opf has a <guide> </guide> section though he says that it is optional - and other content.opf files I've reviewed don't have this section. What does a guide section do? What's it for?
See Section 2.6 of the spec. It could be used by systems that don't support the full toc.ncx, or in addition to that. Another use is specifying the cover (i.e., whether the first page is intended to be a cover or just the first page of text).

Quote:
- My XHTML 1.1 files are in the form content.html, not content.xhtml, but they do validate - eventually. Is it necessary to use the xhtml suffix in ePubs?
No, I don't think the extension matters, all you need is the right media-type in the <manifest> and the right content in the file.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote