View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #37
leodevua
leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.leodevua shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I did a simple test and it seems that gtk+ widgets behave correctly in respect to hiding/showing windows.
Just call gtk_widget_hide() to hide window and later gtk_widget_show() when you want to restore it.

Attached you will find simple test program. When you click hide button window will disappear. To restore it send SIGINT or SIGUSR1 signal to it.
I just slightly modified this example.
Thanks, i used your idea for Skype GTK GUI (skype2.zip, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1349879499). But there is one OPEN ISSUE : When to start skype in terminal/console, the Skype works properly in background mode. When to start skype from GUI Launcher, sometimes GUI Launcher hangs up. But the applications are runned with symbol "&" in run_voice script. Anybody knows, why Gui Launcher keeps the process?

Last edited by leodevua; 10-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.