View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #10
VanTT
VanTT began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505/Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingDave View Post
The 20% off was a mistake as I am a Border's reward member and had the same coupon. It excludes the reader, so it was fortunate to get that deal. As for the $50 credit, the Borders staff where I bought mine didn't know about it either (although it is in their Ads and has been for weeks). When you purchase it, the register automatically prints out how to redeem the credit with your receipt, so you get that credit along with the $10 credit on the box.

So far I am very pleased with my Sony Reader as well, although the Borders/Sony Ebook Store leaves a lot to be desired. I could have put together something more professional and I'm just a hobbyist with programming and websites.
VikingDave,

If you also installed the CD and registered with the Borders/Sony Ebook Store, try to redeem the $50 credit using the code gift code HOLIDAYGIFT (case sensitive) under "Account", then "Redeem a code." On my receipt, that's the code that was printed. Must redeem code by 1/15/08. Worth a try if you didn't get the deal. Let us know if it works. Also, I received my $10 credit code when I went back to Borders yesterday. It was a sticker with a scratch off area for the code. Borders just didn't stick it on my box.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-30-2007 at 04:09 AM. Reason: gift code added back
VanTT is offline   Reply With Quote