View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #597
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
I've been gone from here for almost a year, as my Kobo Touch went out of warranty and promptly died.

This is just a note to announce my intention to try to copy as much as possible of your Kobo Utilities to build an imitation to work with my Sony (unless I'm fortunate, and that dies too, then I can justify buying a real reader!) There's just too much missing on the Sony that I loved on the Kobo with all the plugins.
I think you will make a some people very happy if you do that.

I don't have a Sony device, but I have looked at a copy of the database and some other structures. A lot of the concepts in the plugin will map across fairly well. Things like the database backup will be easy. But, a couple of the other things might be harder. From memory of the Sony driver, there isn't quite the direct link to the database that the Kobo driver has.

I hope you are also considering annotations. For fetching annotations with the Annotations plugin, you create a reader extension that the plugin can call. This can be added without modifying the plugin.

When you start on this, I'll be happy to answer any questions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote