View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #13
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
There is one particular amateur radio app that I would find useful for which the GPS would be nice. But otherwise I don't want Google or anyone else knowing where I am. So I'm not quite sure how to handle this mental conflict of mine. I would likely ensure the GPS is turned off most of the time and/or ensure my position reporting to the Internet cloud is turned off.

So I do agree that the GPS or lack thereof isn't that important.

However Bluetooth to me is important. And given that you can purchase a USB Bluetooth device for $1.01 with free shipping out of China the lack of this feature, which likely costs $.25 or less in bulk quantities is utterly surprising to me.
Google doesn't need gps, it finds you everytime you connect with wifi unless you have location turned off. GPS can be turned off also. In this day and age your comings and goings are already known, mobile phone use,bank machine use,bank/credit/store card use,CCTV, Google is the least of your worries. The big mistake for me was not enabling OTG which would have allowed for Bluetooth dongles ,pen drives, keyboards etc.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote