View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #14660
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Next up is a novella for my review blog. This one is called The Speed of Winter by B. Morris Allen. Any story that starts with the following lines is going to grab my attention:

I hope the rest of the novella is as good as this opening.
Well that was quick...and bloody grim!

Actually I really enjoyed it as a novella. It was well written and - well - it crushed all hope you could possibly have. People who only like happy endings need not apply.

My next read is an anthology by Robert Dunbar called Martyrs & Monsters. This author seems to be part of a sub-genre of horror called "literary horror" and I've been meaning to try me some. I love horror and I quite often like literary - so what could be better than joining the two?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote