View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #40
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Looks to me that for a student like my niece, after considering all previous discussion here, the MacBook Air 13 inch model with 1.8Ghz i5 chip, 4GB RAM, and 128GB Flash Drive at $1199 would be good, along with an external USB 500GB drive for backups.
Exactly the setup I would recommend for a student! Or even skip out on the external drive, if she only needs to backup text documents, and get a Dropbox account instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I love iWork, personally.
Same here. Use the package all the time! Keynote and Pages got me through my masters studies, and absolutely love them.

Numbers.. Well.. I find it much better than Excel, since it is so much lighter and MUCH less cluttered.. It has everything I need it for. But two things I don't like about it, is that it is sloooow, and that editing graphs is quite horrible.

Would recommend iWork any day though.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote