Old 01-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
sfball
sfball began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagtag View Post
Hi,

I have an epub created w/ the nook profile in calibre where the pages aren't viewable in total. Different sentences fall off the page depending on what font + size I use to view them on the nook.

I believe the issue is extra line breaks, but it's hard for me to diagnose. Is there any way I can get Calibre to go over this thing once more or some suggestions on how to fix without manually editing each sub-segment of the epub file (not feasible for 500+ pages).

Thanks!
I'm having this exact same frustrating problem, and have been searching for a solution with no avail. This is only happening with one specific book (so far). When I turn to the next page, usually when the previous page has ended on a paragraph break, the top of the next page has text "hidden" beneath the top status bar. When I resize the text, I can read the formerly hidden text, which is usually quite long in length - 100+ characters.

The pain is that I have to keep switching font sizes back and forth (and sometimes three or more times!) to read these "tops" of pages. I've noticed that it doesn't necessarily happen when the break comes in the middle of a paragraph.

I've been trying to fix the book using Sigil. There are no PRE tags and the CSS looks mostly similar to other books. I've played with the top and bottom margin sizes in various CSS classes and in the @page tag, and that hasn't helped either.

Also, the book looks just fine in Calibre's viewer and in Sigil.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

-sfb
sfball is offline   Reply With Quote