View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom
Is the metadata the same? If that is the same, you have a problem, but usually it is just how the author is formatted on the metadata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I find a lot of the books I get from Amazon have the author data set strangely. I end up fixing it in Calibre but it sure is annoying.
The form I showed as not working was in the "author sort field" as downloaded and in the metadata as displayed by Calibre.

There was nothing unusual about the name format. "Last, First Middle" or "Last, F. M." is a common form and it does not sort properly. However if I change them, in the metadata, to be "Last, First" or "Last, F" it sorts OK.

This is true for the DXG but I don't know about the rest of the line.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote