View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 AM   #31
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdean256 View Post
Just goes to show that I don't know a good thing when I see it!

To me, the feature would more useful if it appended a blank page. It now appends a copy of the previous page 1) and the annotation made on that page. Adding a new page from the menu does the same thing. I see that I can delete the accidentally created page, so the feature is reversible. The annotating a PDF function in Xournal has made reviewing manuscripts and grading student papers much easier than using the native annotation features. 2) The merge function of the companion software does not work on my desktop.

3) ?: Is it possible to run multiple instances of Xournal to work on associated documents simultaneously?

td
I marked 3 parts in your comment.
1) Is it also copying the annotations, I do not think that is supposed to happen. I will look into the code.
2) I am working on a way to merge the annotations of the native pdf viewer with xournal (i.e. loading a pdf and importing the scribbles form the metadata.db into xournal), but progress is slow due to limited time.
3) This is also on my wish list (being able to edit multiple documents with one instance of xournal) I did not have time yet to look at it. I can ask the original author of xournal, to see if he has any plans.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote