View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I Am Keeping My Paperwhite Replacement

I have now received my second Paperwhite replacement for a total of three Paperwhites delivered. I am keeping the first replacement (second Paperwhite... I know it's bit confusing )

Paperwhite #1 had diagonal stripes of greenish blue or bluish green were very distracting when reading. More noticeable the brighter the light. It had to go back.

Paperwhite #2 is mostly bluish green with an amoeba like blob of pinkish beige just off center on the screen. It was better for reading than PW #1, but I opted to ask for another replacement hoping that the third time would be the charm.

Paperwhite #3 is similar to #1 but not as intense. It's as though the diagonal stripes are softer and less defined than those on PW #1.

I am keeping PW #2 as it is the least distracting of the 3. I'm not sure that for me I will ever find the "perfect" PW screen in this first generation. I can accept that because the PW is still pretty darn cool.

I still feel the the lighting on the PW is preferable to using a book light with my other Kindles because I don't have to adjust the light every time I change reading positions and there is no super-bright hot spot visible if I don't hold the Kindle just right (on the Kindle or in my eyes). I don't have a problem with the LED shadows at the bottom of the screen.

I have a whole bunch of Kindles as you can see under my avatar. I think the PW along with the DXG will be my most used Kindles. I still love the DXG for long reading sessions with fewer page turns.

My current perfect Kindle wish would combine page turn buttons on both sides, touch, audio (to take advantage of the new Whispersync for audio) and even better lighting. It's early but I'm looking forward the Paperwhite 2.0.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote