View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
The focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I seriously doubt this. Why would people new to e-reading be surprised that buying an e-book costs just a bit less than buying the book in paper? None of the people I know who bought an e-book after agency pricing was established have really complained any more about e-book pricing than they have about regular book pricing.

It seems like most of the e-book pricing complaints come from people who bought an e-book reader before agency pricing and thus experienced a price hike. I don't think that many new, non-MR readers particularly expect buying a new e-book to be much less expensive than buying a new paperback. Most people seem to be happy that there are so many public domain books that they can get for free.
I don't know, but there are not only the rich countries. According to one source there are countries where more ereaders are sold than ebooks.
What seems a reasonable price say in the US, is outrageous someplace else.
Consequently there will be two markets of considerable size: an official and a piracy one ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote