View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I am a bad person. As much as i appreciate (and actually agree with) what you are saying, Avwriter, I am getting a little tickle when I see the outrage folks living in the US are expressing over a situation that happens frequently to every other country in the world. I am still waiting for Google to tell me when I can buy music from the Play store, or a Paperwhite from Amazon. The list could go on and one.

I am, btw, US born and bred. I have lived in Canada for about 12 years.
No offense taken. I understand your amusement, though I am hardly outraged. If they have limited supply, it is perfectly understandable. I just wish they would be more open about it.

Beyond that, Kobo is normally at a disadvantage here because of Amazon. However, they are missing a rare opportunity since Amazon is experiencing substantial delivery delays even locally with its equivalent model, and it will be a while before the KPW is available in stores. If Kobo had gotten the Glo on store shelves here on Oct 1, or even if they could do so within the next week or two, they could gain a rare advantage since it will be another month before the KPW is easily obtainable here.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote