View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbridge View Post
I am flailing around the ebook reader forums, with an eye to finding conversations about the low-cost chinese readers mostly being sold via EBay. I recently bought one for USD 58.00 and it arrived two days ago, and I'm amazed at the quality. Everything works, and it even plays movies with an 8GB RAM (!!!) If you want the ebay ref. let me know. It was mailed from Hongkong at no charge for mailing(!!!) The drawback is the manual is lousy and you really have to stretch your interpretation of English language words to figure out what the instructions are...and they are very minimal at that. But i'm having good luck with it so far. Only one reading font, as far as I can tell so far, which is not good, but the price was right. My Kobo had to be returned for exhange under warranty twice (!!) and all it does is display text. The "Daditong" is a reader, movie player, radio, photo storage device, and MP3 player all in one, with color, for less than half the price. The competition in china must be getting fierce. Yes, this is an old thread, but I'm a newbie here and am a slow learner..will post some new stuff when I get this site figured out.
I recently bought a 'Naxa' Mp3 player with a micro-D slot and 2.8 in screen that claims Movies, FM Radio, Voice recorder and E-book reader ~US$35

Gimme a break. reading books on a (big ) postage stamp LCD screen
These devices go for a long list of 'Features' and a low price. While I have not exhaustively tested all of them, I can say that the ones I have used are pretty poor.
The only thing I give 4 stars is the sound (on my Sony MDR300 )Headphones NOT the built-in speaker . The rechargeable battery life in MP3 mode is also good (out lasts a work shift) on headphones

All these Features and No Playlist support (really needed for audio books), No resume from last playing point.

The Device menu is a logically twisted 5-way: you use the R-L to move up down the list. The center button is On/Off and there is a Menu button on the side that doubles as the 'Select'. Using the Menus (for anything) is just plain awkward. Only at power on, do you get to select which mode (Music,Book,Note,FM,Movie) you want to use.

The FM is 'In the same City' FM

Oh and the USB connection will not work on a USB 1.x port, only on USB2.0.

And the color screen is Tiny and is only used to add cosmetic Glitz, not useful operational features.

Cheap is just that. Cheap.
There are remaindered EZReader pocket Pro's (E-Ink) for $50, that after a Firmware upgrade, will play MP3's (the MP3 Menu option was not working in this lot). A far better use of $ for a book reader
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote