View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #14
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotas View Post
Irex is also famous by dropping all support and fixes for products as soon as a new one is released
They've done that once, and the hardware/software between the new/old devices were completely different. Also, the older device was still supported, just no new fixes/features.

In this case, the DR1000 and DR800 are based on the same architecture. I would expect that they will continue with software development for both.

Quote:
and for having unfixed and unfinished firmware for promised features... so, my main concern is if they will add it really in future, and in a working and usable way.
No argument there. That's why I would recommend waiting if note taking is something that is a requirement for you. I wouldn't just assume that they will finish it. But that holds true for any company, not just iRex.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote