Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I really, really don't like the reading recommendations Kobo makes. It doesn't work (desktop and website).
I've set many books titles to "not interested" but most of those books keep showing up in the recommendation list.
And the option "already read" doesn't seem to work at all. Books don't disappear from the list or don't keep the "already read" status.
Are the recommended books or similar to what you are reading even close to what you are interested in? Currently my recommnded list has a couple of Nora Roberts books and a Patricia Wrede book which I at least recognize. The remaining books on my recommendations are for other romance authors plus Charles Dickens and Henry James. The similar to what you are reading shows 4 Susan Mallory, 2 Nora Roberts and 1 Debbie MacComber book -- all are romance novels. This is perhaps understandable since the similar to book is a romance novel -- unfortunately, one I have never read and which has not been on any of the Kobos I've owned.

For someone who reads mostly science fiction and fantasy with some sidelines into humour and mystery, I would love to know just why I get those recommendations.

As you mention, I've clicked on 'not interested' but doesn't seem to help. While the books I click on disappear, the new recommendations are equally useless.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote