View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Are you certain they are EPUB not PDF?

It's probably fair to say that there are many badly created EPUBs around. I don't believe a well-formed EPUB would behave in this way. It's hard to say more without seeing one.

Have you tried opening the EPUB up and looking at the HTML code for some of this badly-behaving dialogue.
Hi Jackie,
This one I have now is definitely an Epub, and downloaded from Phila Free Library via Overdrive. And this is not the first time I have had this problem from library epubs.
Yeah, I thought that epub was supposed to take care of this problem, but you may be right that it is poorly formatted. I have also seen numerous example of two words run together and missing the separator space. Certainly no proof reading!

So how does a bad epub come into being? Can I fix it up via Calibre? Probably not due to the DRM...
Any ideas as to how to repair a poor DRM protected epub?

Tom
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote