View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I'll be fascinated to know more about the hardware. An ARM 8 Cortex CPU is a fast chip, but it's only part of the equation. Details like what video controller they are using would be nice.
I was told only " standard components" have been used, but I am not sure if that refers to components commonly used in other E Ink devices.

Quote:
It will also be curious to see what battery life is like doing this. eInk gets huge savings because no power is required to maintain the screen once drawn, and for standard reading, screen refresh is an "every so often" occurrence as you reach the end of a page and go to the next. With video, a lot more screen refresh happens, and I'd expect battery life to drop in consequence.
I remember reading somewhere (don't quote me here) that while battery life drops, it is still superior due to the screen only requiring a partial refresh (as long as the video doesn't occupy the full screen).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote