View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #625
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
Harry - I take it that the correct procedure would be the one set out in this thread, headed "Pls advise - uploading US public domain books"?

In brief, someone in the US would be able to upload it here, and report themself to the moderators so the book could be moved to the MobileRead US server.
No, I'm afraid not. We are no longer accepting books in our library which are not in the "life+70" public domain. There's a notice at the top of each library section explaining this.

Quote:
And correct me if I'm wrong (as I often am), but I think it's the case that while you and I are not able legally to download a book like that while we are in the EU (or Canada), we can do so when we visit the US, and it's not then a breach of the author's copyright to bring the downloaded file on my Kindle back into the EU.
That is correct, yes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote