View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #620
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Henry Williamson - Dandelion Days

Will Self thought a lot of this book - see his piece in the Guardian newspaper of 15 August 2013.

It is worth saying upfront that Williamson's later political views - which are not, I'd say, very evident in this early work from 1922 - were not at all attractive. He was, in fact, a fascist and a friend of Oswald Mosley. Many of his views were formed from his harrowing experiences in the trenches during WWI, and these are more to the front in Dandelion Days.

There's a scanned-in version available from the California Digital Library, here.

Unfortunately it is a long book with all the usual transcription errors, and then some. If I really understood how to use regexes I'd have a go at it myself, but as I don't I would be grateful if someone else could try cleaning it up. I'd be happy to proof-read afterwards - it's five or more years since I last read the paper version and I'd be happy to go through it slowly.

Thanks!
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote