View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
tazem
tazem began at the beginning.

Device: Dell_Axim/Astak_PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Wow that is a lot of titles. AFAIK the data is written after each book but I could be wrong
I stopped it once midway and the data was written for all the titles.
Perhaps it had just stalled on the last one or something.

I no longer use this method as I found that it would often pick an omnibus or collection of books instead of the original title so I had to hand check anyway and with the wrong titles inserted this was more trouble than doing 50 or so at a time by using edit metadata individually.

Lucky for me I only had about 7000 ebooks and I manage to get through a hundred most days.
LOL Yes, you could say I have more than a few. And this is not counting the audio books. I guess you could call me a Librarian for the Visually Impaired. I track down ebooks and audio books for a group here in town. Ebook are great for enlarging the fonts to a viewable size for many of them.

I finally closed Calibre and when restarted it appears that nothing was saved. I'll just have to stick to 100 or so at a time. Maybe there was just too much and not enough memory or something. That is why a progress bar would be nice. I couldn't even tell that it was locked up.

It seems that the first on the list is the one that is selected. That is why I have Overwrite Author and Title turned off by default. Then it usually only takes a quick scan to check.

There are about 5,400 in already. That is about 10% of them. Trying to get about 500 or so done a day. Just getting them into Calibre that is. It will then be much easier to sort and check, and convert, and ...
Why was I doing this again??

Oh well, back to the grind...

tazem
tazem is offline   Reply With Quote