View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #790
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The fact that I don't particularly like beer (unless I'm in Germany in the summer time) probably saves me a lot of weight. I have friends who pound 4-5 beers every night and more on the weekends, and I watch them grow and grow...

I think it's almost impossible to accurately count calories. Even with the new laws going into effect in the US, and all the restaurants here that publish calorie counts for meals, one of the news services did some checking and discovered big differences between published levels and what their independent testing service found. The differences seem to stem mostly from serving sizes, and small variations in menu ingredients. Adding in just a tablespoon of oil can add a lot of calories to a dish. Sauces such as pesto, which are oil-based, or dishes that use a lot of butter or cheese can be difficult to keep within specified calorie levels.

For my weight loss over the past 6 months, I 'aimed' for a top limit, but didn't actually add up exact figures. I think we can tell if we are eating correctly, once we know what 'correctly' is. I'm still losing weight, even though I've reached my set goal.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote