Thread: TOC Wonkiness
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepong View Post
Try <h1 class="calibre3" id="heading_id_3"><a class="calibre4" id="About_the_Authors" name="About_the_Authors"></a>About_the_Authors</h1>

If that doesn't work, switch <h1 class= to <h3 class= and </h1> to </h3>.

If it does work, just point your ToC to the id in that line of code.

If this doesn't work on the Nook, might be the way they handle things. I know I've ran into a couple codes that will not work on the IPad iBook's app.

P.S. You might have to change the font settings and things in there. Thats just my universal settings for things like that.
Hi, Firepong:

Thanks, I actually tried that, switching the non-chapter headers to other header types, but no joy. I'm having problems with the converted version (to .mobi) as well, so it's the doc, it's not the B&N e-reader (n.b. - unbelievably, you cannot delete uploaded personal content from your B&N e-reader without--are you ready for this?--not only manually deleting the file from your PC's directories, but UNinstalling and REinstalling the B&N e-reader. Unbelievable. This is the answer that their CSR gave me, I almost spewed my Starbucks over that one. You've all been warned! ).

@Valloric: I'll upload the file later today with an issue tracking memo. Thanks! In the interim, I'm just uploading the whole mess (orig. epub) to Sigil again with a different file name, Ctrl-A it, copy it into my html editor and delete all the garbage, then see what happens. I know I can use Sigil's html editor (what html editor product is that, anyway? I really like it), but the sections are starting to make my brain hurt, I guess I should have built the TOC first...well, that doesn't work anyway. Bugger. Ah, well...the joys of converting someone else's InDesign garbage is enough to make my head explode!

Thanks all for your input, I'll keep you posted if I figure out what the heck it is,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote