View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Want to try a beanbag

I have this idea (have yet to implement it, of course, and knowing myself may never get around to it). Build a rigid or semi-rigid "lip" (for my Touch I was planning on dismembering a cassette tape case) into a beanbag. Then you can set the thing on a table, the arm of a chair, resting on your leg, etc, and adjust the angle of the thing for best viewing for your situation. I sometimes read while knitting (or want to have a pattern or knitting chart available), and I don't always have a table at a comfortable spot for that. A lap desk interferes with where I want to put my hands (and puts the reader at an awkward angle).

Obviously one would have to use judgement about placement to make sure it was truly stable, but I know people use beanbags as "tripods" (blobpods?) for expensive cameras....The fabric used could be a grippy kind like pseudosuede.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote