View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #89
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
I think there is a huge market for large eink readers: the problem so far has been price point. I know lots of older folks that like HUGE laptop screens because of their ageing eyes now that such laptops are no longer a premium niche product (as they were back when the first 17" PowerBooks were launched).
Perhaps the market is there, but I don't think a lower price is possible. If it were possible to deliver a 9.7" reader for less than the price of an M92 or DXG and make a killing, I assume someone would have done it; certainly an Amazon has the clout to get the screens at the cheapest possible price point and can sell the devices at cost or even at a loss. And yet they were $349,= to the last. And at that price, people are getting tablets.

But an 'M93'/'DXG Next Gen' with one of those 2400x1650 screens, frontlight and touch? I would pay 6, 700 bucks for that, but how many would they sell?
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote