View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #460
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
I have a Navitech cover. First - it doesn't look like the photos, either on their own site or on the Amazon one. If you look at message #82 on page 6 of this thread, (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152798&page=6) capuchino71 has posted some pictures of their pink one, and that's almost identical to mine, except that mine seems to fit better at the bottom; the bit of the case underneath the buttons doesn't seem to swoop down so low. I presume that's because I bought mine a bit later so they'd fixed the sewing problem mentioned in that message.

Can't really add anything to what I said in my reply (#96 on page 7) , other than to update on how it's worn. Still not 100% sure it's leather, but it's held up well. After 5 months, there's no scuffing to speak of, even though it's been carried in a bag quite often. There are a couple of creases along the spine and the closing strap, and they look like leather creases - they flatten out if I press on them and there's no sign of any cracking or anything. The stitching, while not particularly attractive (really don't know why they didn't use black), has stayed in place without coming undone. The only thing that has happened is that a bit of the edging has come off - all the raw edges around the cut-out bits are finished with a sort of plastic piping, and that's come off right at the bottom around the cutout for the buttons. Not major - I glued back what was left, and used some black nail polish to fill in the little bit that had fallen off. I was concerned (see #219) about the fact that the corners had cut-outs, but there hasn't been any damage to the corners of the T1, so it seems that wasn't an issue, in fact.

For what I paid (£12 inc P&P), I think it's been a good-value case.

Just to mention - bibahbuzeman put a link to this one, which seemed to be very similar to the Navitech, but better quality for a similar price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Case-S...841865&sr=1-63
Thank you for all the information!
But checking around the internet this morning I found that some BestBuy stores in Canada have the Sony PRST1 cover with light [in red only] for $29.99 until May 31. I couldn't get it online, but my hubby bought me the last one at a BB nearby. I LOVE the deep red it is, and is it sad that I'm so excited to have the cover and I don't even have the reader itself yet? LOL

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-25-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: additional information
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote