View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #79
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You all know me and know that I am proud to be a Christian - why don't you join me in gratitude to our Savior, Jesus Christ, for dying for us and paying the price for our sins?

I keep a copy of the Holy Bible on whatever device I may be using, including my office computer. I work for a state and federally funded university, and am proud that the doctors and nurses and staff with whom I work have the courage to pray at the bedsides of the children they are caring for. We use our computers to share "daily devotions" emails at work.

I would prefer that my judges and elected officials base their principles on the Holy Bible, instead of anything else. Even without faith, surely no one can deny that the Golden Rule and Ten Commandments are clear instructions for living a life of good morals.

I work with Hindus, Muslims, and Jews. When they tell me that they ary praying for me, I appreciate it. And I know they appreciate being remembered in prayer by the Christians. I feel blessed to be a part of such a fine group of people.

This thread is a waste of time, having originated from a heart filled with hatred and intolerance. Instead of attacking mssmith, we should accept her and hope that by association with this wonderful group of MRers, she will learn to appreciate the beliefs of others without compromising her own faith. I hope this will be the final post to this thread and that it will disappear into obscurity very quickly.
Leave it to DixieGal to put things into perspective.