View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
John-K9jgs
John-K9jgs is on a distinguished road

Device: eBookwise, Treo 650
I'm not really very picky about formatting. I only want to read fiction books and I normally only read a book once, then pass it on to someone else. For that reason I can put up with crappy formatting just as long as it is readable.

I did finally get a response from the ebookwise techie. He/she said that as far as they know PDF books cannot be read on the eBookwise. They did give me the information for returning the eBookwise and I think that is what I'm going to do.

I was enamoured of the idea of having multiple books in a small package but it is so much trouble to try to figure out the software that I just don't think it's worth it. And that is not even considering how (or if) the DRM issue could be solved.

Perhaps I will look at a pocket PC as a substitute. I have a laptop but it is pretty heavy and wouldn't serve well as a portable reading device. I have never actually see a pocket PC but I imagine they are much more available in the stores than the ebook readers, which seem to be pretty much all sold out so cannot be actually seen/touched.

I can easily download the books from our local library in Adobe and some in Mobi, but mostly the former in .pdf. I could just go back to my Treo phone and continue to read on it, I guess, at least for the time being.

Thank again for your kind help!

John
John-K9jgs is offline   Reply With Quote