View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I got a Sony Pocket and a Galaxy Note and I strongly prefer the Samsung; granted, in full sunlight with th light on the screen the Sony is better, but in all other situations I prefer the Note; very pleasant reading (btw, AMOLED is not a backlight technology), with a reader like Mantano that lets me customize the colors, fonts, gestures etc. etc.
Got profiles for sun, normal, and night and with one swipe I can adjust the screen intensity further.
And it makes sweet music, is a good GPS, nice for a break with Freecell, Whatsapp, SMS, there is even a phone in it somewhere. Battery life is decent, more then enough for a transatlantic flight reading and listening to music, and it is much compacter then the Sony, while the screen is roughly the same size.
At home I prefer reading from the Ipad; nice large screen, with Bluefire reader I made a very friendly to the eyes perkament background, again, one swipe gives the right amount of light.
I do not find e-ink devices are more easily readable and give less eyestrain, and I'm 54.

So IMO I prefer tablets/big smartphones above dedicated readers, equally readable, much more versatile.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote