View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Franklin ebookman: my first reader, liked it, but wanted colour

So, I got a:

Fujitsu Siemens Loox 600: a PDA, colour, 200x320 screen, but it had a small problem with the backlight not turning on when it should (you had to turn on the light and hold the device under that light to turn on the backlight) and the battery was getting old (it was second hand), which gave me a good reason to buy a new one, a:

Fujitsu Siemens Loox 720: again a PDA, colour, transflective TFT, 480x640 screen. It's still an awesome device, I still use it for reading. Perfectly readable in sunlight (with the backlight turned off) and a very high resolution for the screensize. But, I wanted a larger screen (just for the fun of it), so I bought a:

JoinTech JE100: 7" screen, and if it had a transflective screen, it would have been perfect. But you can't read it in daylight, unless I turn on the backlight to max. And that's annoying because I mainly read in the dark (at night). So, I had another excuse to buy me a third reader, a:

BeBook Mini: which I use during daytime reading and when my other devices are empty (e-ink does have the advantage of longer battery life). But I hate to use it in bed, because I don't like bedlights...

But, wherever I go, my three readers go with me. Though, the PDa now has become more PDA than ereader, since I bought the JE100, and espcially since I also bought the Mini. But it's an easy way to read three books at the same time.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote