View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle Touch: a ghost story

I was having 'ghosting' problems with the first KT I got, and requested a replacement. At first, the replacement seemed about the same in terms of ghosting, and I spent a couple of hours loading it up and was preparing to send the first one back, and feeling happy about everything.

But on further review, in better light, the original KT has noticeably better contrast, while the ghosting seems just a little worse (maybe because of the greater contrast), and on both the ghosting is worse than my K3, where I barely notice it. Meanwhile, my Nook Touch has almost no ghosting. I'm surprised that there could be so much variation, with the same exact screen and software.

To clarify, I'm talking about ghosting in general, not just when reading but when waking/sleeping, home screens, browser, kindle store. In reading mode at least, you can set the 'refresh every page option' but I have not bothered to do that.

At any rate, it looks like I'll be returning the replacement instead of the one I originally got (meaning: a couple of hours of loading again). Then I'll have to decide if I want to roll the dice again...and perhaps in the end, it is up to amazon to deliver a software fix, so waiting may be the best strategy instead of trying additional exchanges.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote