View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I discovered the poet Christina Rossetti because a fanfic writer quoted from one of her poems. Not that it's much use to her, of course, since she died in the 1800s. I think this idea of trying to squeeze every penny one can get out of every scrap of ... well, everything ... is self-defeating in the end. I wonder how much the world should owe me for all my forum posts?

It seems to me that Mr. Woodlief's poet friends are the winners here, and the likes of Joe Henry are the losers. Then again, given their respective attitudes, that's a good thing.

We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"

(from Goblin Market)
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote