View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:09 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Dave S,
Thanks for the info; I had used an older version of the lbook firmware some time ago but went back to the bebook fw about a year ago. The problem I have is that I can not use internal tocs on the bebook one. The external 1st level toc works fine, but there is no way I've found to use an html link in epub, unlike mobi.

Anyway, I tried the Lbook fw you suggested and I like it better than the bebook fw so I'll keep using it. However, mobi-like link choice for epubs still is not implemented. Perhaps there is some feature in the bebook one that precludes it (?) It looks like eventually I'll need to get another ebook reader. It's too bad, because except for the toc problem I really like the bebook one.
Bob
Have you tried using CoolReader to read a DRM free EPUB yet? To do that, you just do a long press on the number key corresponding to the book that you want to open. The long press will result in the file manipulation menu opening, and if you select OPEN, then the EPUB will open in CoolReader instead of ADE. This ONLY works for DRM free EPUBs. I have never built an EPUB with an inline TOC, so I do not know if that would be of any value to you. The thing that I like about CoolReader for EPUB is the ability to use my own fonts, many more font size selections, and the ability to use my own custom CSS or to simply override the EPUB's built-in CSS.

Anyway, I am glad that you found at least some value in the suggestion.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote