Thread: MobileRead October 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #63
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
If it is one big vote, I would worry that we wouldn't get much variety. I think we only get as much variety as we do since we can see what else is already selected so we tend to vote (at least a little) for something different.

While I prefer sci-fi and fantasy for most of my reading, I would hate to see the book club look like:
2nd chance
Science fiction
Fantasy
Urban fantasy
Steampunk
Golden age sci-fi
Science Fiction Fact*
Hugo/Nebula winners
Splatterpunk
etc.

*Token non-fiction selection describing some sci-fi technology that is now available instead of just science fiction.
I quite agree, but I don't think that would happen. However, if it did, it would simply turn into the SF/Fantasy/Steampunk etc Club and another more broadly based Book Club would form with people who wanted to experience various genres.

Or maybe those people, if they were in a minority, would join the Literary Book Club if they aren't there already! Either way, I think it would clarify what the majority of members are interested in reading.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote