View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
I've read the first four and have stopped. I may get back to the series some day, but at the moment it's unlikely. I basically don't like Harry enough, finding him a whiner whose actions hurt others, even when he thinks he's trying to do good. It's not as bad to be Harry Dresden's friend as it is to be Jessica Fletcher's (Murder, She Wrote), but I had the feeling it was heading that way.
I like Harry because he is flawed. His flaws make him seem more real. He makes decisions that sometimes are the wrong ones and sometimes have bad consequences even if it's they're the right decision.

Though I do agree that particularly in books 2 and 3 he seemed like he just loved to whine and whinge about everything. He remains grumpy but gets over the "poor me" attitude.

I also love the sense of humour throughout the books. Something about it appeals to my warped sense of the funny.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote