View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #65
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I think if I didn't already have a Kindle I would be tempted by a Paperwhite (well when they eventually get released to the UK). I think it is a much more impressive set of models than the very "meh" 4th gen touch models they pushed out last year. I certainly like the magnetic on/off cover, the increased screen resolution, the built-in lighting and the "time to read" stuff might be interesting for a while rather than me spending brain cycles computing it. Smaller and lighter than my KK, a lot of things to like for me, so I wouldn't rate their announcement as a "complete meh".

But no page turn buttons is just a complete and total showstopper for me as for a few others on this thread. You also might expect (though of course yet to be confirmed) that they will continue their lockdown of the collection data files. Which means calibre integration will be as sucky as it is for K4T owners.

Maybe next year they will remember there are people who like physical page turn buttons...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote