View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #299
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
It's not a new rule; it is Barnes and Noble corporate policy: no Nooks outside of the US. I'd love to see source of the B&N quote you cite.

So, I guess I am out of luck even buying commercial titles from them if I can only read them on a PC without breaking DRM. However, the fact that many Nook titles are now available for sale to a Canadian IP address attached to a Canadian shipping address and a Canadian credit card -- and definitely were not before -- suggests either a glitch in their software or more likely signing new deals with publishers to extend their selling territory beyond the US.
Can I expect to have any problems if I go to a Barnes & Nobles store and buy it from there? Will they look at my Visa to see where I live?
Can I register the device from Canada or I should better do it in store while I am there? Is this possible?

I am not planing to buy books from them I just need software updates (I am also thinking about rooting the device) . I have tons of PDF files waiting to be red. I know that touch is not ideal for this but I will give it a try with apps like ezPDF reader ...
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote