View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #8
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the matter of books on a shelf, you can allways have an electronic shelf or why not SD-cards with nice covers. If booksellers are quicker to adapt than the music industry they might sell e-books on SD-cards in stores. It is allways nice to go to a store and get some help to find what you are looking for. Sure, for me the internet is all the help I need but other people might not be as good researchers as I am.

But I agree with a lot of points that the paper has over teh ebook. Like shelf space and the touch.

The real question is what will happen when we can use our ereaders to other stuff than just text, like movies. 10 inch ultra thin movie player would really appeal to a quite large market. Then you suddenly have alot of ereaders out to people who wouldnt buy it just for reading. Would they buy the few books that they read every year to thier favorite device or in paper?

Just some thoughts
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote