View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
There is a Kindle Previewer program for Windows, but if buying an actual Kindle is feasible then yes, that's the best way to see exactly how it will look. I would get the eink Kindle rather than the Fire if you already have access to a tablet, because you can install the Kindle app on the tablet.

Something that concerns me are the phrases "fixed layout" and "background image". Trying to get the same layout on different devices, of differing sizes, and with different formats (Kindle mobi & epub)... you might find it impossible to get the results you are looking for in all cases. It worked on iPad, etc because iBooks handles things the same way on all iOS devices, but I've seen what happens when someone designs a book based on how it looks in iBooks then tries to release it to other platforms / formats. It wasn't pretty. It was basically like you described - background image went one way, text went the other, among other messes.

I wish you luck.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote