View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #193
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: Yeah, ironically enough, the fact that it was a bsd project is what led me to believe 'Naaaah, it's old enough, the API should be stable'... ^^ Oops?

(That and the fact that I'm a bit spoiled on Gentoo... ^^)
... I used Gentoo some 7 years ago, but then switched to Ubuntu. It's not that I don't like Gentoo (indeed, I learned a lot while using it, and a rolling release does have its benefits), but in the end I had the impression that at least 90% of its processing power went into compiling its own updates . For day-to-day use, I still prefer my Ubuntu (though I'm sticking with 10.4 for the time being, because I don't really like where the new versions are going).

That said, I didn't manage to compile libarchive3 on it (with your suggested configure flags, make goes through fine -- until the final linking, where it complains about some of its own symbols not being found ) - too much of a hassle to track this down. I'm now installing Gentoo in a VM
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote