View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #15
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
I don't expect a detailed answer, but I would be glad if any of you could give me a few pointers in the right direction, which could save me huge amounts of wasted as I'm also new to this technology. I mean what's a good way to begin, on what device and so on.
I'd suggest publishing on Smashwords. You upload a Word document (read their Style Guide before you start - it'll be much easier if you format their way from the start), and they convert it to various formats. You can charge or make it available for free, as you wish. If you follow all the instructions in the style guide, you should be able to get into the premium catalogue, which means that your book gets distributed to various other e-book stores (Barnes & Noble, Sony, Kobo, Diesel, Apple. Plus Amazon at some point in the future).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
I even thought just to make a blog and give its address to those who want to walk this route. Can blogs be printed off, incidentally?
Individual posts can be printed off. There may be third party tools that could collate a set of posts into a single page to print or download, but I don't know of any.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote